Saturday, June 5, 2010

Scrapmaster's Paradise Sketch #2



I just loooooooved this sketch at Scrapmaster's Paradise, so I looked for two photos I could use with it, and this layout just blossomed from there! I was so excited with how it turned out, I ran over and showed my husband as soon as I was finished. I had a couple problems with completing it to my satisfaction, so I really had to use some creative muscle. I wanted silver photo mats, so I used a silver pen on white cardstock, but I guess it was kinda old, so I practically destroyed the tip trying to get all the silver out. I chucked the pen, then realized I wanted a silver mat for the journaling spot. Luckily I had an old silver ink pad, and it wasn't even dried up! So I swiped that on the edges of a white cardstock circle. The silver pen I used for my journaling was not cooperating, either, so I had to go over my printing a billion times to get it to show up. GGGRRRRR! But I'm extremely happy with how the glitter mist and stamping turned out. I even used a stamp that's supposed to be a leaf or petal and made it into water droplets. Pretty smart, eh?

Supplies (all CTMH): White Daisy cardstock, Felicity My Acrylix stamp set, Exclusive Inks stamp pad in Hollyhock

Other: Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Silver Sugar and Viva Pink, Heidi Swapp journaling spot, Creative Memories silver fine tip pen, Avery broad tip silver marker, Encore silver ink pad


P.S. - This is layout #34 of 120 for the year
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! I love glimmermists....you can do so many different things with them. Have you tried making your own with our CTMH pearl paint? Works very well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous Rox!! All of your hard work paid off!!! I love what you did with the paint/glimmermist. I'm going to have to add this sketch to my list of layouts I want to do.

    ReplyDelete