Thursday, September 29, 2016

"Smile" for Stuck?! Sketches and Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog

 
This layout actually started with the sketch! I saw this sketch from Stuck?! Sketches:

and wanted to use it, so I went to the camera roll on my phone, and found these beauties from just last week, and thought they would work perfectly. From there, a layout was born!
It was really fun to get messy with this layout. I started with a plain sheet of textured white cardstock, which I spread a bit of gesso on - not everywhere, just in the areas I knew I wanted to apply some ink. I then took a piece of plastic packaging, squashed some Distress Ink onto it, sprayed with a bit of water, and smooshed it all over the gesso. I used four different colours of Distress Ink (Worn Lipstick, Shaded Lilac, Picked Raspberry, and Dusty Concord) and I love how they all blend together to make this vibrant watercolour background!
 
After that, it was just a matter of putting down some washi tape and stamped border strips from my Counterfeit Kit, layering the photos with some patterned papers, and figuring out which sentiments to place where. (I also had to cut out those bows with my cameo, because the original ones from my kit were a peachy colour, and they just were not working!
 
Some closies:

 
So I don't know if lots of schools do this, but every year Ailis gets really stoked for "Crazy Hair Day", and judging from the heads I saw at her school this year, she's not the only one! She took it upon herself to wake up super early to experiment, and she did Brenna's hair, too. I love it how they're young enough that they can participate in these fun events, because I think Nolan was just always "too cool" to let me do anything remotely fun with his hair!

 


1 comment:

  1. Very pretty, love how the black and white accents pop off of the colours in the background! Thanks for joining us at STuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete